Monday, December 29, 2014

My shadow, My curse

Who is this man I see
Staring so eerily back at me
He is the ghost
The image of my nightmare

You're nothing but a shadow
A reflection, my rival
It's a race against time
Who will win
Who will be the king,
and who will be the horse.

Why can't I hide from you
Why won't you hide from me
I don these masks to run away,
and yet, you're still there,
ever staring at me

I see you
I hate you
Try as I try
I can't pass you
You stay right there with me
Staring with those cold dead eyes
Those eyes I desperately despise
Leave
Vanish
You're all I must banish
For without you,
There'd be nothing in my way,
Nothing to stop my progress
Day after day.

You will die
and with you my pain
My doubts, my shame
You are the embodiment of regret
My insecurity and fear
Rise I will,
Don my armor I shall
and Strike you at the core,
Until your blood has spattered the floor.

In that moment, all will be silent
The calm before the storm

No comments:

Post a Comment